(4 HOLIDAY HOSTING TIPS)
1. CREATE CONVERSATION AREAS
- Rearrange the furniture in the family and living rooms to create intimate seating groups conducive to great conversation.
- If your kitchen has the space, bring in stools for your guests to park and chat while you prepare.
- Spread the love. Instead of having snacks an appetizers all in one spot, create small vignettes with plates and trays on the coffee table, end tables or buffet. Even the fireplace mantle can make a fun perch for snacks!
2. KEEP THE CROWD CIRCULATING
- If you've scheduled your festivities during an important sporting event, designate one room for the big game.
- Keep the beverages and snacks limited in that area so the sports fans will come out an mingle with the rest of the guests.
- Create a destination beverage station so party goers have a reason to move around.
3. Make IT COMFY
- While rearranging furniture, keep in mind the comfort factor. Recliners, overstuffed chairs and that really low chair that everyone needs a forklift to get out of aren't too party friendly. Bring in seating that is a little more flexible and something Aunt Esther can get out of on her own!
- Ottomans and benches can be moved around by you and guests to accommodate conversations and activities if things really get going. A bonus to these types of furniture is that people can sit closely together and sit on both sides if necessary.
- Colorful floor pillows can also act as seating in a pinch. They are a must if children are invited. Give them a comfy place to spread out an play games on the floor.
4. HAVE FUN
Remember the reason you're having the party in the first place is to relax and talk with your guests.
Don't stress over perfection, your guests are there for the same reason and will enjoy the festivities much more with a relaxed hostess.
CHEERS TO A SUCCESSFUL SOIREE!